Pole dancing is a fantastic way to lose weight, keep fit and tone your body. Today, pole dancing is one of the hottest trends in the fitness industry. It is seen as fun and exciting way to change your body and is used by women of all ages and shapes and sizes. The pole dancing moves help you look fabulous and get you real fast results.
The image of pole dancing is changing, from what used to be in lap dancing clubs to what is seen today in modern gyms and studios.
Pole dancing moves help women to improve their fitness, flexibility and have fun at the same time. A handful of dance studios and gyms are now offering pole dancing alongside the more traditional aerobics and step classes.
Pole dancing not only makes you look great it makes you feel amazing. This is because any physical exertion has a positive mental effect due to the endorphins (natural pain blockers) exercise produces. A number of women have said that they feel more confident after a pole dancing lesson and practice their moves regularly at home.
Next time you are at your local gym, check out the pole dancing community and see if you can join in.
While professional dancers make it seem effortless, spinning around the pole is a lot more strenous than it looks! Imagine having to support your entire body weight with one arm or leg, or supporting your upper body weight with your stomach muscles to get an idea of the level of effort it involves. Getting up the pole, lifting your entire body up with your arms is the equivalent of doing pull ups!
Why we recommend XPole:
- You want a portable dance pole that can fit up to an 11′ ceiling (or higher!)
- You need a platform pole for use at trade shows, events, or any place where ceiling height may be an issue
- You want to be able to leave your pole up or take it down when you need the space
- You have vaulted ceilings and would prefer another option besides a platform pole
- You can’t decide between a stationary and a rotating dance pole
- You want a brass-look pole without the cost of real brass
- You have petite hands and need a smaller diameter dance pole
Great reasons why, we recommend this pole:
- Portability is important
- You need a lightweight, yet durable, dance pole that is quick and easy to install
- You want the safety of a removable pole AND the convenience of a friction fit model
- You can’t decide between a stationary and a rotating dance pole
- Excellent customer service and warranty are important to you
- You want a choice of colours and finishes
- You need something unique, like a custom paint job or a wake pole for your ski boat
- You have shorter than average ceilings and need a removable dance pole that’s cut to fit, but don’t want to pay extra
- You have small hands and need a smaller diameter pole that’s easier to grip
Even with very little space within your house, there is a dancing pole which will be suitable.
Permanently Mounted Equipment – Most commonly found in clubs and studios. These are attached to the floor and ceiling and require some sort of drilling to fix the pole into place. So unless you want to keep the pole in the same spot forever, this is not suited for the house.
Removable Models – This is ideal for the home. It can be put up securely and then taken down after your exercise. This saves space and allows the dancing pole to be moved around the house.
Rotating Dance Pole – A special type of spinning pole designed to spin freely in its mount. This is for more experienced dancers. This setup can make your spins appear to be faster, since both you and the pole are spinning at the same time.
This girl sure knows how to create a sexy pole dance routine..watch and be amazed!
Danced to the slow and sultry song “Fragile Tension,” she’s done a fabulous job of choreographing her routine to the music.
There’s some wonderful musicality here, as well as lots of slow, controlled inversions. These showcase the dancer’s strength and grace beautifully, and some of her aerial moves are truly impressive!
Learn how to pole dance for beginners Sword Spin.
A short instructional video to learn the Fireman Spin. This is a beginner move and can be developed further into the Sunwheel Spin.
This one is not quite an airborne move, but for beginners it will give you the feeling of what a spin is going to feel like once you’re ready to get off the ground.
This pole dance video clip shows an instructor teaching the basics of the sunwheel spin.
This move is for beginners and would like a nice challenge. This move is an upgrade of the fireman spin.
The grip and direction of movement are the same, so these aspects of the spin will feel familiar.
It’s a bit more challenging than other beginner spins though, because you’ll only have one leg on the pole.
Getting fit pole dancing can be very fun.
Why do strippers have such great bodies? The routines that they do help tone their body muscles in such a way that increases their flexibility, tones muscles and helps improve posture. The recent fad has seen many celebrities start pole dancing as a way of exercise and just for a girly night in.
If you want to get fit with pole dancing you can install a pole in your home and use a video, or take lessons at your local gym. Its simple and fun.
1) Use the pole to do simple moves, to help slowly increase your flexibility. You do not want to stretch a muscle. Build up the muscles slowly so you can keep going. Eventually you will be able to move to more complex pole dancing moves.
2) Get yourself an exercise DVD from amazon. They are relatively cheap, and you can do it in your house. You do not need to get a pole dancing pole if you are just starting out. Start doing small stretches and once you have mastered them, invest into a dancing pole which can be installed in your bedroom.
3) Wear high heels and shorts when pole dancing in the gym. The shorts keep your legs free to grip the pole, while the high heels force your legs to work harder during the workout.
4) Always warm up, before any pole dancing session. Body muscles need a few minutes to warm up, and once you are warm you will see increased improvement in your pole dancing capabilities.
Get yourself in a spin with this Pole Dancing Experience, a fun and sensual session. Pole dancing has rapidly become one of the foremost fitness crazes for those celebrities in the know and many women across the UK. This experience will help you to improve strength, flexibility, all over muscle tone and posture. So, forget spending hours sweating in the gym as Pole Dancing is the way forward.
- Safety briefing on arrival
- Warm up session
- Lesson at the pole
- Cool down session
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- PA cover to a value of £50,000 plus cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day
On arrival at the venue you will be met by your friendly instructor who will talk you through a safety briefing and induction. Then it’s time to prepare your muscles for the pole work with a fun warm up. Once fully warmed up you will get straight to the pole where you will learn a combination of spins, twirls and twists. At the end of the class you will have the chance to put all the moves you have learnt together to create your own strong and sexy routine. Your experience will end with a cool down where you can stretch out your muscles after an exhausting session. You will leave with a lasting smile and possibly wanting to take your experience further.
The Pole Dancing Community was set up in May 2009 to provide regulation and promote best practice within the pole dancing industry.
Make sure your pole dancing instructor is certified so you know you are learning the right moves to keep your body tone and in shape.
The instructors will be trained to the highest standard to help you tone the right body muscles for the all amazing look.